Making the right choice with diet is a challenge these days, especially with so many studies done on what is right to eat and what is not.
We are becoming more health conscious and are ready to try out new diets and programs that guarantee benefits. Good décor isn’t the only thing on our mind, at IKEA we believe that good health and nutrition are just as beneficial.
The best and safest approach is, still, to go natural with a good healthy diet, exercise and good quality sleep.
When it comes to diets, carbs are generally considered a taboo if you are looking at weight loss. But what we don’t realize is that carbs are essential for us.
They give us energy, and our body needs the good kind to function normally.
Here are some simple, quick, healthy recipes that are high on good carbs that you can add to your menu without any guilt!
Apples with a Cream Cheese Dip
- Soften any cream cheese by keeping it out for about 5 minutes.
- Combine brown sugar, vanilla extract and cream cheese in a bowl. Mix until smooth.
- Stir in chopped walnuts. Slice apples perfectly using a slicer and serve them with the dip.
Refreshing Quinoa Salad
- In a large mixing bowl, combine canned chickpeas, cucumber, bell pepper, onion, and parsley.
- Add cooked and cooled quinoa to it.
- Drizzle a dressing made from olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, garlic and salt.
- Serve cold.
Grilled Chicken with Cilantro lime butter
- Brush chicken breast with a mixture of chili powder, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, pepper, olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Grill the chicken on both sides over medium heat until done.
- Drizzle a mixture of melted butter, cilantro, onions and lime juice over the grilled chicken and serve in stylish deep plates from IKEA’s extensive range of kitchenware.
Quick and easy Chicken Fajitas
- Preheat the oven to 400⁰C.
- Layer a sheet pan with onions and bell peppers seasoned with oil, salt and pepper in the oven.
- To this, add sliced chicken thighs seasoned with taco seasoning and oil.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
- Serve over a plate of rice!
Healthy 5-minute Strawberry FroYo
- Add frozen strawberries, plain Greek yoghurt, honey and lemon juice to a food processor and blend till smooth.
- Serve in glassware with some frozen fruit of your choice.
These simple recipes can be a good start to including carbs in your diet, thus moving away from the myth that all carbs are bad for you. Happy eating!