During the holy month of Ramadan, having a well-balanced Suhoor meal is considered very important for those who fast. This helps in maintaining your energy levels and hydration throughout the day.
If you’re thinking about what you should eat for Suhoor, don’t worry, as the folks over at IKEA have got you covered.
Homemade instant oatmeal packs, for the entire week!
- DIY instant oats are a perfect idea for a premade Suhoor meal. You can just pull them out of the fridge and eat them if you are in a rush (or if you woke up late).
- Simply fill a mason jar with oats, along with your choice of seeds such as pumpkin, sunflower, or chia, an assortment of fruits, cinnamon powder, and top it off with any type of milk you prefer.
- Make one batch for the whole week and store it in the fridge. Making your own packets is so much healthier than buying premade ones from the store, and it even helps you save on money!
Protein-packed smoothies for when you don’t feel like eating
- Having a meal at 3 am is not always easy. But, during Ramadan, this meal is crucial as it’s basically the only one you’ll be having for the rest of the day, until the sun goes down.
- Rather than forcing yourself to eat something, try blending a smoothie together and having that as a meal alternative.
- Here’s one idea for a nutritious and filling smoothie: chop up a banana into a bowl, and add some peanut butter, oats, cinnamon, and your preferred choice of milk. Blend it using a hand-blender or tabletop blender, pour it into a glass, and voila!
- Simple, quick, easy to make, and packed with enough slow-release energy that would last you the whole day!
A perfectly balanced wrap to give you enough energy for the whole day
- Eggs are probably one of – if not the most – popular choice for a Suhoor meal. And you can never go wrong with them!
- Simply scramble eggs in a frying pan with oil or butter and salt. Up the nutrient content by including spinach, kale, or your preferred choice of vegetable.
- You can also add healthy cheeses such as feta. Then, bring it all together by making a wrap with wholewheat tortillas.
- This meal will surely satisfy you and keep you content, without feeling too full since it is a light and easily digestible option.