As summer bids farewell to usher in Fall, it’s time to bring out the stash of your favourite seasonal décor. Or, if you’re new to decorating, look for some beautiful and interesting knick-knacks to get your home ready for the season ahead.
You don’t need to go overboard, though. A few simple additions, such as festive wreaths, dining room décor, plaid linens and autumnal centerpieces, can make a huge difference to how cheerful and festive your home can look, say the experts at IKEA.
1. The front porch
- Start at the entry to your home and make sure to add decorative touches to your porch.
- Line the pathway with pumpkins or greenery, or place them on either side of your doorway complete with a quirky doormat, to give things that Halloween touch.
- You can also hang a decorative wreath on the front door as the first thing for people to see!
2. The table
- Set the mood at your table with linens in autumnal colours or use a neutral palette of metallics and whites if you prefer.
- Decorate the table with tiny white pumpkins, dried hydrangeas, fallen leaves and other elements that call to mind the season.
- You can also liven up the dining table with a fun centerpiece.
3. The mantle
- Whether you have a mantle or shelves, a little foliage and garlands in metallic tones, polished pumpkins and a mix of other decorations can add cheer.
- You can throw in a few candles in holders for a festive look. Or dress the mantle up with banners.
- Nothing says autumn like wheat sheaves, so if you can get a hold of some, a bell jar filled with sheaves would be the perfect ode to the harvest season.
4. The pillows
- Enhance the coziness of the season by simply switching the throw pillows around the house.
- This quickly transforms the feel of a room, so opt for plaids and stripes in deep hues.
- Have a standard size of throw pillows so you can easily interchange the pillow cases to save storage space and make the transformation so much easier!
5. The flower displays
- Embrace the season and invest in some Fall-colored vases, and flowers which will instantly brighten up a table or side table, forming beautiful centerpieces.
- You can never go wrong with an arrangement of flowers!
Burnt orange accessories and wicker pieces can also enhance the overall tone of the display.