Celebrations are all about food and family! Christmas is just around the corner, and we know you’re dreaming about all the desserts you can make.
Here are 3 easy-to-make recipes that we’ve put together after a fun discussion with the team at IKEA!
No-bake butter cookie
Sweet and chewy treats for when you have a lot of guests over and want to give them a nostalgic take on an old favorite.
- Biscoff cookie spread
- Rice Krispies
- Milk chocolate Kisses
- Corn syrup
- Combine the Biscoff cookie spread and ½ the corn syrup in a large saucepan.
- Stir over low heat until blended and remove from heat.
- Now stir in Rice Krispies till fully mixed.
- Shape using a spoon into balls and lay on wax paper.
- Press a Kiss into the centre almost immediately.
- Cool and serve.
Lemon Ice Ginger cake
Want a dessert that looks grand but takes minimal effort? Here’s a lifesaver!
- Cream Cheese – 1 package
- Lemon zest
- Jar of lemon curd
- Heavy whipping cream
- Ginger cookies – thin ones preferably
- Crystallised ginger
- Beat together cream cheese and 2 tablespoons of lemon zest until creamy.
- Add in lemon curd, then gradually add the cream, while beating on medium-high speed.
- Line the bottom of a loaf tin with ginger cookies, and spread your mixture on top, then place more cookies atop this, followed by the mixture. Repeat as many times as you can.
- Sprinkle the crystallised ginger on top and refrigerate overnight.
No one can say they didn’t leave your home without trying the creamiest dessert ever!
- Evaporated milk
- Cubed butter
- Chocolate chips
- Miniature marshmallows
- Unsweetened chocolate
- Toasted walnuts
- Vanilla essence
- White baking chocolate
- Line a pan with foil and mist with cooking spray.
- Combine 2 cups of sugar, milk and1/2 cup of butter in a heavy pot. Boil rapidly over medium heat.
- Cook and stir for 5 mins, and remove from heat.
- Add in the chocolate chips, giving it a gentle swirl. Add marshmallows and chopped chocolate. Make sure everything melts fully.
- Fold in 3 cups of walnuts and 2 tbsp. of vanilla essence.
- Spread into the pan and drizzle with the white baking chocolate.
- After it cools, grip the foil and gently nudge the fudge out of the pan.
- Cut into squares and store in airtight containers in between layers of wax paper so they don’t stick.
There you go! Three super easy and super delicious desserts at your disposal!