As summer begins, we’re sure you already have a lot of summery recipes in mind, and many outfits planned. But what about including a home makeover? We definitely think it’d be a good idea to move your décor from wintery cosiness to a ‘cooler indoors’ summer!
From your living room to your bedrooms and even your kitchen, we asked the design professionals over at IKEA for tips on how you can add a bit of vibrancy to your house for this season.
Light Tones – Kids’ Room
- Pink and blue are such classic, lovely colours, especially when paired with complimentary hues, such as peach or yellow.
- These shades can make the whole room look youthful and happy. So, add some lighter hues to your child’s room by getting peach pillow covers, yellow towels, or blue throws.
- You can also change up the paint on the walls.
- This is also a good idea for anywhere you want a nice pop of colour or a fun space to hang out in!
Striking Red – Living Room
- The colour red is considered to be a lot of people’s favourite, and for good reason.
- Red is also one of the best colours for the summer season, with even the tiniest bit of it having the ability to make a great difference.
- This colour brings about a lot of energy, fun, and stylishness, and will most definitely impact its surroundings, even when added in moderation.
- Think red cushions and throws for sofas, or a red rug on the floor. Or even one centrepiece chair in bright red.
Subtle Tones – Bedroom
- A subtle tone (say light blue) is one of the best ways to make a space feel more relaxing and serene.
- This colour has the ability to bring on a sense of calmness and gives the room a more uplifting and peaceful feel.
- This is especially true when you pair it with summer’s natural, bright light.
- Lighter, soothing hues are perfect when used in a bedroom since they work hand in hand with natural light, which gives the room a very peaceful feel.
Neutral or Off-White Tones – Dining or Kitchen
- Neutral tones bring about a subtle, old-school look that pairs very well with modern furniture.
- When combined with dark floors and white walls, it adds an even more elegant touch.
- You can also opt for the off-white variant which brings on a subtly refreshing and warm feeling.
- These options also transform in colour with different types of lighting, you’d be surprised with what you see!